Whip up this easy vegan toast for a high protein breakfast option. Fluffy whipped tofu on toast with creamy avocado and spicy chili crisp is the perfect way to start your day!
Please note, this post may contain affiliate links. Learn More
Ingredients for Whipped Tofu Toast
Here are the ingredients you’ll need:
Tofu – I recommend using silken soft tofu. When whipped, you get a velvety smooth and creamy texture. You could also use firm tofu, but I don’t recommend using extra firm tofu for this rescipe. Whichever type of tofu you use, make sure to press it well and rid any excess water.
Looking for a good tofu press? TofuBud is a great option! It drains moisture in only 15 minutes. Easy to use and clean too!
Nutritional yeast – for added umami flavor. Plus, it’s a great source of protein and vitamins, especially B vitamins. Between fortified and unfortified, fortified nutritional yeast provides the most health benefits. Read here to learn more about nutritional yeast.
Plant-based milk – I use almond milk, but you can use any plant-based milk you like.
How to make Whipped Tofu Toast
A detailed recipe is in the recipe card at the bottom of this post, but here’s a quick overview of the process.
1. Toast bread until browned and crisp.
2. Add the ingredients for whipped tofu to a small food processor or blender, and blend until smooth and creamy.
3. Place sliced avocado on toast, and spread whipped tofu on top. Drizzle some chili crisp, and enjoy!
Looking for other vegan breakfast options?
Thank you for visiting my blog! If you made this recipe, or any other recipes of mine, be sure to tag me @veganesetokyo on Instagram and use the hashtag #veganesetokyo. I would love to see your creations❤️
Whipped Tofu and Avocado Toast
for Whipped Tofu
- 150 grams silken tofu pressed
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp almond milk can be subbed with another plant-based milk
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
for Avocado Toast
- 2 slices sourdough bread toasted
- 1 avocado peeled and pitted
- 1~2 tsp chili crisp adjust to taste (see Ingredient Notes for recipe)
Make Whipped Tofu
- Add the ingredients for whipped tofu to a small food processor or blender, and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Place sliced avocado on toast, and spread whipped tofu on top. Drizzle some chili crisp, and enjoy!