This is a deliciously sweet and earthy beetroot hummus recipe that you can make in 10 minutes!
This beetroot hummus is the perfect combination of sweet, tangy, and earthy deliciousness. It’s also BEAUTIFUL to look at, and it can be made in less than 10 minutes! I use pickled beets, so there’s no hassle of having to peel or cook beetroot. A quick and easy recipe for creamy, delicious hummus!
Here’s what you will need to make beetroot hummus:
- chickpeas + aquafaba (chickpea water)
- pickled beetroot
- extra virgin olive oil
- lemon juice
- ground cumin
I use canned Chickpeas. Aquafaba is the liquid from the can, so be sure to save 2 tbsp of the liquid. If you want to cook chickpeas from scratch, this is what you need to do:
- Boil chickpeas in a saucepan for about 20 minutes, or until the chickpeas are soft and their skins are falling off. (Save 2 tbsp of boiling water)
- Use a strainer to drain the chickpeas and run cool water over them for about 15 seconds.
For those in Japan: I usually buy Tahini from Kaldi Coffee Farm or on Amazon. There’s also a very similar product sold at most supermarkets. It’s a type of sesame paste called ねりごま Neri-goma, and it’s a great substitution for tahini.
As for Pickled Beets, I buy them from either IKEA or Kaldi.
How to make Beetroot Hummus
It is very simple: add everything to a food processor and blend!
To serve, here are some of my favorite garnishes:
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Sprinkle of paprika
- Seeds, such as sesame seeds or hemp seeds
- Chopped fresh herbs, especially parsley or basil
Store leftover hummus in an airtight container. It keeps well in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Thank you for visiting my blog! If you made this recipe, or any other recipes of mine, be sure to tag me @veganesetokyo on Instagram and use the hashtag #veganesetokyo. I would love to see your creations❤️
- 1 14oz can chickpeas drained
- 1/2 cup pickled beetroot
- 2 tbsp aquafaba liquid from chickpea can
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp tahini
- 1~2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- salt to taste
- Add all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Scrape down the sides of bowl as necessary.
- Add more aquafaba if the consistency is too thick.
- Serve with your favorite veggies, pita bread, or as a spread. Enjoy!
- ひよこ豆の缶詰 1個(250g)
- ビーツ酢漬け 1/2カップ
- アクアファバ(ひよこ豆缶の汁) 大さじ2
- エキストラバージンオリーブオイル 大さじ1
- レモン汁 大さじ2
- タヒニ(白ねりゴマ) 大さじ4
- ニンニク 1~2片
- クミン 小さじ1/2
- 塩 お好みで