Tofu scramble is a healthy vegan alternative to scrambled eggs. This flavorful breakfast option only requires 8 basic ingredients and 10 minutes to make!
Tofu scramble is great alternative to traditional scrambled eggs. Since the main ingredient is tofu, it’s a much healthier option: cholesterol-free, lower in fat, and high in protein. Best of all, it’s very easy to make! With basic pantry ingredients and 10 minutes, you too can enjoy this delicious breakfast-favorite.
Ingredients You Need
You only need 8 simple pantry ingredients:
- vegan butter
- nutritional yeast
- nondairy milk
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- ground turmeric
A detailed recipe with measurements is in the recipe card below.
Use firm or extra firm Tofu. No need to press it, just drain in well.
Any Nondairy Milk will work, but I prefer soy or oat milk.
If you don’t have Vegan Butter, you can use olive oil or coconut oil instead.
I use regular Salt for this recipe. However, if you want to add an extra eggy flavor, try Black Salt (or Kala Namak). It adds a real egg-like taste!
How to make Tofu Scramble
The recipe is very simple. The 3 main steps are:
- Crumble tofu – use a fork or your hands to break tofu into bite-size pieces.
- Cook – in a frying-pan, heat tofu on medium heat and cook for serval minutes.
- Add ingredients – add the rest of the ingredients, and cook until well combined.
How to serve Tofu Scramble
Tofu scramble is very versatile. It tastes great on its own, but you can also add in your favorite veggies and vegan meats. Some vegetables that make great add-ins are:
- diced onions or red peppers
- chopped kale or spinach
- tomatoes or avocados as toppings
Another yummy option is to use it as a filling, for tacos, burritos or sandwiches. One of my favorites is serving it with some vegan ham and arugula on a vegan English muffin. The ultimate breakfast sandwich!
Thank you for visiting my blog! If you made this recipe, or any other recipes of mine, be sure to tag me @veganesetokyo on Instagram and use the hashtag #veganesetokyo. I would love to see your creations❤️
Tofu Scramble Recipe
- 200 gram firm tofu drained
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp soy milk or your choice of nondairy milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- Heat vegan butter in a frying pan.
- Crumble tofu with a fork, and add it to the pan with the rest of the ingredients. Stir well to combine.
- Cook on medium for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately as part of your vegan breakfast. Enjoy!
- 200 grams 木綿豆腐 200g
- ヴィーガンバター 大さじ 1
- ニュートリショナルイースト 大さじ 1
- 豆乳 大さじ 1
- 塩 小さじ 1/4
- ガーリックパウダー 小さじ 1/2
- オニオンパウダー 小さじ 1/2
- ターメリックパウダー 小さじ 1/4