These vegan scallops made with king oyster mushrooms are just like the real thing. Serve them with garlic butter sauce, and you have the perfect “seafood” appetizer.
These vegan scallops are unbelievably similar to real scallops, both in appearance and in taste. By cooking them in Kombu, Japanese kelp stock, it actually gives these mushrooms a seafood-like favor. I like to serve these vegan scallops with a savory garlic butter sauce.
In order to get the scallop-like appearance, make sure to choose king oyster mushrooms that are large with thick, round stems.
Whether you’re a vegan, vegetarian, or just looking to switch up your seafood game, these vegan scallops are a must-try. So, let’s get started!
A detailed recipe is in the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Looking for other recipes to serve with vegan scallops?
Here are some dishes you can serve along side vegan scallops with garlic sauce:
Thank you for visiting my blog! If you made this recipe, or any other recipes of mine, be sure to tag me @veganesetokyo on Instagram and use the hashtag #veganesetokyo. I would love to see your creations❤️
Vegan Scallops with Garlic Butter Sauce
- 4 large king oyster mushrooms sliced into 2.5cm (1 in) thick discs
- 150 ml kombu stock can be subbed with veg stock
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- salt to taste
- fresh parsley for garnish
- Slice mushroom stems into 2.5cm discs. Score the tops and bottoms.
- Place them in a pan, and add kombu stock. Simmer until most of the liquid evaporates, about 10 minutes.
- Add vegan butter, lemon juice, minced garlic, salt and soy sauce. On medium heat, pan sear both sides of the mushroom for golden brown color.
- Garnish with fresh parsley. Enjoy!
- エリンギ 4本 大きく、クキが太めの
- 昆布だし 150ml
- ヴィーガンバター 大さじ1
- レモン汁 レモン1/2個分
- ニンニク、みじん切り 2片
- 醤油 小さじ1
- 塩 お好みで
- パセリ 飾り