This is a quick and easy recipe for homemade granola. The base is made of 4 basic pantry ingredients. Add your choice of mix-ins, and you will have delicious homemade granola that’s so much tastier and healthier than store-bought ones!
Homemade granola is a staple in my kitchen because it’s such a healthy and delicious breakfast/snack option. And there are so many different ways to enjoy it! Serve it with nondairy milk, ice cream, or yogurt (yogurt granola parfait is the BEST!)
It’s also incredibly easy to make. All you need to do is mix a few basic pantry ingredients in a bowl, and bake in the oven.
One of the great things about homemade granola is how customizable it is. Make the base, and add your choice of mix-ins.
You only need 4 ingredients for the base:
- oil, such as coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil
- sweetener – my favorite is maple syrup
For mix-ins, you can choose your favorite nuts, dry fruits, seeds and spices.
These are some of my favorite choices:
Nuts – chopped walnuts, pecans, almonds and cashews.
Dry fruits – cranberries, raisins, apricots and pineapples.
Seeds – sunflower, pumpkin, chia and sessame.
Spices – cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
There really are endless possible combinations of these ingredients, so feel free to make your own original granola.
How to make Homemade Granola
Making your own granola only requires 2 simple steps:
- Mix – add all the ingredients (other than dry fruits, they go in at the very end) to a large bowl, and mix to combine well.
- Bake – spread the mixture out onto a baking sheet and bake in the oven.
A detailed recipe with measurements is in the recipe card below.
How to make granola clusters
If you are partial to those large chunky clusters in your granola, here are a few tips:
- Half way through baking, take the granola out of the oven. Use a spatula and gently press down on the granola, firmly packing it into the baking sheet.
- Once the granola is done baking, repeat the above process. Use a spatula and gently press down on the granola, firmly packing it into the baking sheet.
- Let the granola cool completely before removing them from the baking sheet. As they cool, the clusters will form.
Thank you for visiting my blog! If you made this recipe, or any other recipes of mine, be sure to tag me @veganesetokyo on Instagram and use the hashtag #veganesetokyo. I would love to see your creations❤️
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 tsp ground cinnamon
- a pinch of salt
- 1 cup nuts roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup dry fruits
- 1/2 cup coconut shreds/flakes
- 1/4 cup seeds
- Preheat the oven to 150℃/300℉. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat.
- Place all the ingredients, EXCEPT for dried fruits, in a large bowl. Stir to coat well. Spread the mixture out onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Halfway through, stir the granola. To get clusters, use a spatula to gently press down and pack the granola into the baking sheet.
- Once golden brown, remove granola from the oven and let it cool completely. Once cooled, transfer to a container and add the dried fruits.
- Serve with your favorite plant-based milk, yogurt, or ice cream. Enjoy!
- オートミール 3カップ
- メープルシロップ 1/2カップ
- ココナッツオイル 1/2カップ
- シナモンパウダー 小さじ1/3
- 塩 ひとつまみ
- お好みのナッツ、粗く刻む 1カップ
- ドライフルーツ 1/2カップ
- 種類（ヘンプシードなど） 1/4カップ
- ココナッツフレーク、無糖 1/3カップ