This vegan peanut sauce is one of my favorites! It’s a Thai inspired sweet and spicy sauce that is incredibly versatile. I use it for dipping spring rolls and veggies, saucing buddha bowls and noodles, it even makes a great spread. Best of all, it’s incredibly easy to make!
Vegan Peanut Sauce
One of my favorite things about this vegan peanut sauce is that it perfectly combines so many flavors. It’s spicy, savory, tangy and a little bit sweet. All these amazing tastes come together to create a sauce that you can use for so many of your favorite dishes.
What ingredients you need
Here is a list of the ingredients you will need to make this vegan peanut sauce.
- peanut butter
- soy sauce
- maple syrup
- rice vinegar
- sesame oil
- chili fakes
A detailed recipe with measurements is in the recipe card below.
Peanut Butter – I prefer to use creamy (unsweetened) peanut butter, but you can also use the chunky kind if you want more texture in the sauce.
Soy sauce – use low-sodium soy sauce, or tamari for a gluten-free option.
Gochujang – for the spiciness, I use Gochujang (コチュジャン), a red chili paste popular in Korean cooking. You can substitute it with another chili sauce, like Sriracha or Sambal sauce. Or, simply leave it out if you don’t want the sauce to be spicy.
Rice vinegar – rice vinegar (米酢) has a milder, slightly sweeter taste than regular vinegar. If you don’t have rice vinegar, subsititute it with white wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar.
How to make Peanut Sauce
The entire process is extremely simple.
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor, and blend until you get a creamy, smooth sauce. If you don’t have a food processor or blender, you can whisk all the ingredients in a bowl. Just make sure to whisk well to combine all the ingredients.
- Adjust the amount of water to add, depending on the consistency you desire. To use the sauce as a dip or a spread, a thick and creamy consistency works best. For noodle sauces or salad dressings, you want the sauce to be a bit thinner and runnier.
How to Serve and Store
You can serve this sauce with pretty much any kind of dish.
- spring rolls
- veggie sticks
- buddha bowls
- crispy tofu
My personal favorite dishes using this delicious this peanut sauce are Vegan Pad Thai and Vegan Satay.
Vegan Pad Thai
Store the sauce in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks in an airtight container.
Thank you for visiting my blog! If you made this recipe, or any other recipes of mine, be sure to tag me @veganesetokyo on Instagram and use the hashtag #veganesetokyo. I would love to see your creations❤️
Spicy Peanut Sauce
- 1/2 cup peanut butter creamy
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp Gochujang or another chili paste
- 4 tbsp rice vinegar
- ~1/2 cup water adjust for desired consistency
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp ginger grated
- 1 tsp garlic grated
- chili fakes to taste
- Add all the ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Adjust the amount of water for desired consistency. Enjoy!
- ピーナッツバター、クリーミー 1/2カップ
- 醤油 大さじ2
- メープルシロップ 大さじ1
- コチュジャン 大さじ2
- 米酢 大さじ4
- 水 〜1/2カップ お好みで調整
- こま油 大さじ1
- 生姜、すりおろし 小さじ1/2
- ニンニク、すり下ろし 小さじ1
- チリフレーク お好みで