A vegan chocolate mousse that is thick, chocolatey, AND healthy. The secret ingredient is avocados! While you don’t taste the avocados at all, they make the mousse extra creamy in texture, with lots of added health benefits.
Vegan Chocolate Mousse
This vegan chocolate mousse is extremely easy to make. With minimal effort, you get a rich, decadent dessert that is actually good for you. The avocados not only provide a rich creamy texture, but they also add healthy fats, vitamins, minerals and fiber. Ready to make this extremely satisfying, good-for-your-body-and-soul dessert?
The great thing about this recipe is that you only 7 simple ingredients. Here’s what you will need:
- Avocados: you need fresh RIPE avocados. They give the mousse it’s creamy texture, and they also add lots of good fats and nutrients. (Before you ask… No, you can’t taste the avocado!)
- Sweetener: I use maple syrup, but you can also use agave or date syrup. Just adjust the amount to taste.
- Cocoa Powder: be sure to use the unsweetened kind.
- Chocolate Chips: I use semi-sweet chocolate chips from Enjoy Life. You can also use regular vegan chocolate. Semi-sweet or dark chocolate work best for this recipe.
- Almond Milk: this can be swapped for any nondairy milk, but I personally like almond and coconut milk the best. You could use full-fat coconut milk if you want an extra thick mousse.
- Vanilla Extract: choose a good quality, organic vanilla extract.
- Salt: a pinch of salt really brings out the sweetness and add depth, so don’t skip the salt!
How to Make and Serve
The method is very simple: just add all the ingredients to a food processor, and blend until smooth and creamy.
You can enjoy the mousse right away, or chill it in the fridge for 1~2 hours. At first, the mousse is more of a pudding texture, but once chilled, it becomes slightly denser and thicker. It tastes great either way!
The mousse can be stored in the fridge for a maximum of 1 week.
Thank you for visiting my blog! If you made this recipe, or any other recipes of mine, be sure to tag me @veganesetokyo on Instagram and use the hashtag #veganesetokyo. I would love to see your creations❤️
Vegan Chocolate Mousse
- 2 avocado peeled and pitted
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 40 grams vegan semi-sweet chocolate melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- a pinch of salt
- nondairy whipped cream
- strawberries, or other fresh fruits
- chopped almonds
- Add all the ingredients to a blender or a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Serve as is, or store in fridge for 2 hours to chill. Enjoy!
- アボカド 2個
- ココアパウダー 1/3 カップ
- ヴィーガンチョコ、湯せんで溶かす 40g
- バニラエキストラクト 小さじ1/2
- メープルシロップ 1/3カップ
- アーモンドミルク 1/3カップ
- 塩 ひとつまみ